Sia SK, Chiou HL, Chen SC, Tsai CF, Yang SF*, Ueng KC*. Distribution and Phenotypic Expression of Mineralocorticoid Receptor and CYP11B2 T-344C Polymorphisms in a Taiwanese Hypertensive Population. Molecular Biology Reports. 2012 Dec 29. [Epub ahead of print].
Hsieh MJ, Yang SF, Hsieh YS, Chen TY*, Chiou HL*. Autophagy inhibition enhances apoptosis induced by dioscin in Huh7 cells. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2012; 2012: 505063. (SCI)
Yeh CB, Hsieh MJ, Hsieh YS, Chien MH, Lin PY, Chiou HL*, Yang SF*. Terminalia Catappa Exerts Antimetastatic Effects on Hepatocellular Carcinoma through Transcriptional Inhibition of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 by Modulating NF-κB and AP-1 Activity. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. 2012; 2012: 505063. (SCI)
- Hsieh MJ, Lan KP, Liu HY, Zhang XZ, Lin YF, Yang SF, Chiou HL*. Hepatitis C virus E2 protein involve in insulin resistance through an impairment of Akt/PKB and GSK3beta signaling in hepatocytes. BMC gastroenterology. 2012; 12: 74. (SCI)
- Yeh CB, Hsieh MJ, Hsieh YH, Chien MH, Chiou HL*, Yang SF*. Antimetastatic effects of Norcantharidin on hepatocellular carcinoma by transcriptional inhibition of MMP-9 through modulation of NF-kB activity. PLoS ONE. 2012; 7: e31055. (SCI)
- Chen MK, Yeh KT, Chiou HL, Lin CW, Chung TT, Yang SF*. CCR2-64I gene polymorphism increase susceptibility to oral cancer. Oral Oncology 2011; 47: 577-582. (SCI)
- Hsieh MJ, Hsieh YS, Chen TY, Chiou HL*. Hepatitis C virus E2 protein induce reactive oxygen species (ROS)-related fibrogenesis in the HSC-T6 hepatic stellate cell line. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2011; 112: 233-43. (NSC98-2320-B-040-002-MY3) (SCI)
Lee YT, Lin DB, Wang WY, Tsao SM, Yu SF, Wei MJ, Yang SF, Lu MC, Chiou HL, Chen SC, Lee MC*. First identification of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus MLST types ST5 and ST45 and SCCmec types IV and Vt by multiplex PCR during an outbreak in a respiratory care ward in central Taiwan. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2011; 70: 175-182. (SCI)
- Hsieh MJ, Chen KS, Chiou HL, Hsieh YS Carbonic anhydrase XII promotes invasion and migration ability of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells through the p38 MAPK signaling pathway. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010; 89(8):598-606.
- Chen MK, Tsai HT, Chung TT, Su SC, Kao TY, Tseng HC, Liu TH, Chiou HL, Yang SF Glutathione S-transferase P1 and alpha gene variants; role in susceptibility and tumor size development of oral cancer. Head Neck. 2010;32(8):1079-87.
- Yang TP, Chiou HL, Maa MC, Wang CJ. Thramycin inhibits human epithelial carcinoma cell proliferation and migration involving downregulation of Eps8 expression. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;183(1):181-6.
- Chen MK, Chiou HL, Su SC, Chung TT, Tseng HC, Tsai HT, Yang SF. The association between hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha gene polymorphisms and increased susceptibility to oral cancer. Oral Oncol. 2009;45(12):e222-6.
- Tsai HT, Tee YT, Hsieh YH, Chiou HL, Lin CW, Tsai HC, Wang PH, Yang SF. Elevated plasma stromal cell-derived factor 1 protein and its gene polymorphism in patients with pelvic inflammatory disease. Reprod Sci. 2009;16(6):610-7.
- Lee SA, Wang PH, Chiou HL, Chou MC, Tsai HT, Yang SF. Markedly elevated plasma myeloperoxidase protein in patients with pelvic inflammatory disease who have A allele myeloperoxidase gene polymorphism. Fertil Steril. 2010;93(4):1260-6..
- Wu SW, Chang HR, Hsieh MC, Chiou HL, Lin CC, Lian JD. Early diagnosis of polyomavirus type BK infection in tailoring immunosuppression for kidney transplant patients: screening with urine qualitative polymerase chain reaction assay. Transplant Proc. 2008;40(7):2389-91.
- Cheng YW, Wu MF, Wang J, Yeh KT, Goan YG, Chiou HL, Chen CY, Lee H. Human papillomavirus 16/18 E6 oncoprotein is expressed in lung cancer and related with p53 inactivation. Cancer Res. 2007;67(22):10686-93..
- Hsieh YS, Yang SF, Chiou HL, Kuo DY. Roles of central catecholamine and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y genome in the development of tolerance to phenylpropanolamine-mediated appetite suppression. Behav Neurosci. 2007;121(5):933-40.
- Chen TY, Hsieh YS, Wu TT, Yang SF, Wu CJ, Tsay GJ and Chiou HL*. Impact of serum levels and gene polymorphism of cytokines on chronic hepatitis C infection. Translational Research. 2007; 150(2):116-21.
- Chiou HL*, Hsieh YS, Hsieh MY, Chen TY. HCV E2 may induce apoptosis of Huh-7 cells via a mitochondrial-related caspase pathway. Biochemical & Biophysical Research Communication. 2006; 345(1):453-458.
- Tsai HJ, Peng YW, Lin LY, Chou MC, Lee H, Chiou HL*. An association between human papillomavirus 16/18 deoxyribonucleic acid in peripheral blood with p16 protein expression in neoplastic cervical lesions. Cancer Detection & Prevention. 2005; 29(6):537-543. (NSC93-2314-B-040-026)
- Chen PN, Hsieh YS, Chiou HL, Chu SC. Silibinin inhibits cell invasion through inactivation of both PI3K-Akt and MAPK signaling pathways. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 2005;156(2-3):141-50.
- Shih CM, Lee YL, Chiou HL, Hsu WF, Chen WE, Chou MC, Lin LY. The involvement of genetic polymorphism of IL-10 promoter in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2005; 50(3): 291-297.
- Hsieh YS, Yang SF, Chiou HL, Kuo DY. Transcriptional involvement of protein kinase C-alpha isozyme in amphetamine-mediated appetite suppression. European Journal of Neuroscience. 2005;22(3):715-23.
- Hsieh YS, Yang SF, Chiou HL, Kuo DY. Activations of c-fos/c-jun signaling are involved in the modulation of hypothalamic superoxide dismutase (SOD) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene expression in amphetamine-mediated appetite suppression. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 2005
- Lai JC, Cheng YW, Chiou HL, Wu MF, Chen CY, Lee H. Gender difference in estrogen receptor alpha promoter hypermethylation and its prognostic value in non-small cell lung cancer. International Journal of Cancer. 2005; 117(6):974-980.
- Yang SF, Hsieh YS, Lin CL, Hsu NY, Chiou HL, Chou FP, Chu SC. Increased plasma levels of urokinase plasminogen activator and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in nonsmall cell lung cancer patients, Clin Chim Acta 2005, 354(1-2); 91-9.
- Chen PN, Chu SC, Chiou HL, Kuo WH, Chiang CL, Hsieh YS. Mulberry anthocyanins, cyanidin 3-rutinoside and cyanidin 3-glucoside, exhibited an inhibitory effect on the migration and invasion of a human lung cancer cell line. Cancer Lett. 2005;
- Chen TY, Hsieh YS, Yang CC, Wang CP, Yang SF, Cheng YW, Chiou HL*. Relationship between matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity and cystatin C levels in patients with hepatic disease, Clinical Biochemistry 2005, 38; 632-638
- Chiou HL, Wu MF, Chien WP, Cheng YW, Wong RH, Chen CY, Lin TS, Lee H. NAT2 fast acetylator genotype is associated with an increased risk of lung cancer among never-smoking women in Taiwan. Cancer Letter 2005, 223(1); 93-101.
- Weng MW, Hsiao YM, Chiou HL, Yang SF, Hsieh YS, Cheng YW, Yang CH, and Ko JL. Alleviation of benzo[a]pyrene diolepoxide-DNA damage in human lung carcinoma by Glutathione S-transferase M2. DNA Repair 2005, 4(4); 493-502.
- Yang SF, Chu SC, Chiang IC, Kuo WF, Chiou HL, Chou FP, Kuo WH and Hsieh YS. Excessive matrix metalloproteinase-9 in the plasma of community-acquired pneumonia. Clinica Chimica Acta 2005, 352 (1-2);209-15
- Cheng YW, Chiou HL, Chen JT, Chou MC, Lin TS, Lai WW, Chen CY and Lee H. Gender difference in human papillomavirus infection for non-small cell lung cancer in Taiwan. Lung Cancer 2004 Nov, 46(2); 165-170.
- Lee YL, Shih CM, Chiou HL, Shiau MY, and Chang YH. Alteration of p53 autoantibodies in lung cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Clinica Chimica Acta 2004 Nov, 349(1-2); 87-96.
- Chu SC, Chiou HL (equal first author), Chen PN, Yang SF, Hsieh YS. Silibinin inhibits the invasion of human lung cancer cells via decreased productions of urokinase-plasminogen activator and matrix metalloproteinase-2. Molecular Carcinogenesis 2004 Jul, 40(3); 143-149.
- Chu SC, Wang CP, Chang YH, Hsieh YS, Yang SF, Yang CJ, Su JM, Chiou HL*. Elevated cystatin C serum concentrations in patients with hepatic diseases of various severities Clinica Chimica Acta 2004 Mar, 341(1-2); 133-138.
- Chen BY, Chang HH, Chiou HL and Lin DPC. Influenza B virus-induced eye and brain malformations during early chick embryogenesis and localization of the viral RNA in specific areas. Journal of Biomedical Sciences 2004 Mar-Apr, 11(2); 266-274.
- Chiou HL, Wu MF, Liaw YC, Cheng YW, Wong RH, and Lee H. The presence of human papillomavirus type 16/18 DNA in blood circulation may act as a risk marker of lung cancer in Taiwan. Cancer 2003 March, 97; 1558-1563.
- Lee YL, Chiou HL, Hu SN, Wang L. Analysis of RHD genes of Taiwan RhD-negative donors by multiplex PCR method. Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis 2003 April, 17; 80-84.
- Chiang WL, Chu SC, Yang SS, Li MC, Lai JC, Yang SF, Chiou HL, and Hsieh YS. The aberrant expression of cytosolic carbonic anhydrase and its clinical significance in human non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Letter 2002 December, 188; 199-205.
- Chou FP, Chu SC, Cheng MC, Yang SF, Cheung WN, Chiou HL, and Hsieh YS. Effect of Hemodialysis on the Plasma Level of Type IV Collagenases and Their Inhibitors. Clinical Biochemistry 2002 July, 35(5); 383-388.
- Kuo TM, Shiau MY, Tsai CT, Chiou HL, Lee YL, Lin LF, and Chang YH*. Absence of anti-p53 antibody in Chinese patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism 2002 January, 46; 276-277.
- Chiang WL, Chu SC, Lai JC, Yang SF, Chiou HL, and Hsieh YS. Alternations in quantities and activities of erythrocyte cytosolic carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency individuals Clinica Chimica Acta 2001 December, 314; 195-201.
- Lee YL, Hu SN, Chiou HL and Wang L. Phenotyping of Rh blood group in Taichung area. Journal of Biomedical and Laboratory Sciences 2001 September, 13; 84-88.
- Shiau MY, Chiou HL, Lee YL, Kuo TM and Chang YH. Establishment of a consistent L929 bioassay system for TNF- quantitation to evaluate the effect of lipopolysaccharide, phytomitogens and cytodifferentiation agents on the production and activity of TNF- in adherent human mononuclear cell. Mediators of Inflammation 2001 August,10; 199-208.
- Cheng YW, Chiou HL, Sheu GT, Chen JT, and Lee H. The association of human papillomavirus 16/18 infection with lung cancer among non-smoking taiwanese women. Cancer Research 2001 April, 61; 2799-2803.
- Chiou, HL, Lee, TS, Kuo, J, Mau, YC, and Ho, MS. Altered antigenicity of ‘a’ determinant variants of hepatitis B virus. Journal of General Virology 1997, 78; 2639-2645.